Friday, March 19, 2010

A Quick and Fun Easter Tea Light Holder

I was sitting drinking my coffee this morning and looked over at the card that I made the other day using the Frosted Filter Technique. I said to my self..."self, that would make a great holder for a tea light." So off I went to figure out how to do it. I found a glass Tea Light Holder. I used on of those glass ones shaped like a flower pot that you can get at any craft store. Any shape would work. Next, I dyed the coffee filter using Sorbet and Juniper re-inker. After it dried, I found the center of the coffee filter by folding and used a glue dot to hold it to the bottom of the tea light holder. I brought it up equally around the sides and used just a couple of glue dots to keep it secure. I used a scallop punch as the base for my heat embossed "bunny." I water colored the bunny using a water brush and ink squeezed into the lids of stamp pads. I added an eyelet, threaded ribbon through the eyelet and tied it around the tea light holder. Easy Peasy...



I could see this idea working for wedding showers and can you picture it using Christmas colors! The directions for dying a coffee filter can be found here. The only thing I did differently was that I didn't "twist" the filter. I wanted the colors to blend together. Remember, never leave a burning candle unattended. Try one of those battery operated tea lights. They are much safer and give an equally nice "glow." All items used in this project (except for the coffee filter) were Close To My Heart. For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: