Monday, March 4, 2013

Welcome Stars and Stamps Friends

I want to say hello to my new friends from Stars and Stamps.  For those of you who don't know, Stars and Stamps is a blog branch of the terrific Operation Write Home organization.  OWH collects and distributes handmade cards to our troops so they can have wonderful cards to send home to their loved ones.

My dear friend Nancy asked if she could share my recent tutorial on Spirelli.  Spirelli is the art of wrapping thread around an scalloped shape in order to add texture and dimension to you projects.  Here is what I mean...
This is a flower embellishment on a corner of a project that I will be posting a little later.  The link to post on how to complete the work is here.  And, last but not least, this is the card that goes along with the tutorial.
I hope you'll give Spirelli a try.  Thanks to all of the good work the Operation Write Home does and For Now, Happy Crafting!

6 comments:

Erika said...

Thanks for sharing your tutorial with us at OWH! I plan on giving it a try!

Nancy Keller said...

Thanks again for sharing with us Cindy! You are the best!!

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful tutorial with us at OWH. I used to do Spirelli a few years ago but stopped. Thanks for reminding me of this lovely technique.

Sarah said...

Thanks for sharing this fun tutorial! I hope to find some time to try it out :)

Paula S. said...

Thanks for sharing this over on the OWH Stars & Stamps blog today. I had seen and tried this technique a few years back and remember really liking the results. Somehow it had totally slipped my mind until I saw it again today. I'll definitely be using it on some Mother's Day cards for my soon to ship OWH box.

Kristie said...

Thanks for sharing this fun tutorial. I love the idea of using the metallic floss. Your flowers are beautiful the spirelli really adds that little extra touch to finish off the card.