Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Crafting By designs Blog Hop!

Crafting By Designs is one of the hottest new Challenge Blogs and today we are having a Blog Hop!  Our Hop is featuring digi stamps from QKR Stampede and the theme is Spring Flowers.  What a perfect theme as it predicted to be 87 degrees today here in the Philadelphia area. 

 
What a fun card to make!  I love the look of white on white textured mats and thought I would use that style to help show of the pretty flowers that have been colored with my Close To My Heart alcohol markers.  A note about printing digi stamps...  I have learned from experience that if you are using an ink jet printer (like most of us have) print your image on good cardstock.  I like either X-Press It Blending Card or Bazzill Cococnut White.  Let the image "rest" for several hours before you start to color and your ink won't smear.

Head on back to the Crafting By Designs home page to check out more of the design teams wonderful work along with more fun from QKR Stampede.  Make your own spring flower card and using the link, upload your creation.  You could win 5 digi images from QKR Stampede.  For Now, Happy Crafting and Happy Hopping!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love the embossing :)

Doris T. said...

Cindy this is just stunning! The colors are so soft and springy and the glossy centers make the flowers pop right off the page. Love it!
Hugs, Doris :)

Life - Up, Down & Sideways said...

Cindy, your card is just SOOOOO pretty. I can't say enough about how much I like it.

Tammy S.

{Chrissie} said...

Cindy, this is just so soft and pretty! I love it!

Rene said...

Oooh, I like the way you played with white, it is so striking!
This is such a cool card!
Hugs
Rene

Sher said...

Cindy,
This is beautiful! Love the color combo, the embossed white and the liquid glass on the flower centers.
Hugs - Sharon

Julia said...

Absolutely gorgeous.
Hugs,
Julia

Vickie ODell said...

Your springtime flowers are so beautifully colored and really stand out on that embossed background. Love it!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love the way your colorful flowers pop over the white embossed panels. Blessings!

Jacquel said...

Very nice design...TFS!!!

Francis Ames said...

Hi Cindy! Great tip on the digi-stamp.. which papers to use and to let the printed image rest. Will try that. Thanks. Francis