“The Key to my Heart” Recipe
1. Cut 12 X 12 Cranberry CS in half
2. Cut 12 X 12 Colonial White CS to measure 11X 5 inches, center and adhere to Cranberry CS. Fold in half to form card base.
3. Cut Cocoa CS to measure 5 X 5 inches. Lightly sand the paper.
4. Cut Cranberry CS to measure 4 ½ X 4 ½ inches and Colonial White CS to measure 4 X 4 inches.
5. Emboss the Colonial White CS with Cuttlebug and the Mosaic embossing folder.
6. Cut 2 pieces of Cocoa CS to measure 2 ¾ X 3 inches and 2 pieces of Colonial White CS to measure 2 ½ X 2 ¾ inches.
7. Distress the edges of the Colonial White CS with a distressing tool and then ink the edges with chocolate distressing ink.
8. Lightly chalk the edges of the 2 pieces of Colonial White paper with red.
9. Lightly chalk the embossed Colonial White paper with red.
10. Center and attach the small Colonial White CS to the Cocoa CS.
11. Stamp the heart with Cranberry ink and apply Liquid Applique to the grid lines and heat with heating tool.
12. Cut a short length of Cranberry ribbon, thread through key and attach to 1 of the cards.
13. Stamp “Be Mine” in red ink. Another stamped heart can be substituted for the skeleton key.
14. Attach the stamped heart with a 3 D Foam square to the remaining small card.
15. Center and adhere the embossed Colonial White CS to the Cranberry CS. Center and attach this combination to the Cocoa CS.
16. Attach the embellished cards to step 15.
17. Attach 3 Colonial White Brads to the Cocoa CS
18. Center and attach to card base.
19. Stamp small heart on inside of the card.
CTMH – Cocoa, Colonial White, Cranberry
CTMH – Thoughtful Seasons and Festivities
Ink – Stamp Pads
CTMH - Cranberry
CTMH – Colonial White brads, Cranberry ribbon, Liquid Applique, chalk, Cuttlebug, Heating Tool, Adhesive
Chalking, embossing and Liquid Applique
I try to get inspiration for my scrapbook layouts, cards and pictures from the world around me...so who knows what tomorrow will bring. For now, Happy Crafting!