Thursday, January 29, 2009

Trying New Things

I was surfing this morning and picked up some new ideas and techniques. So, I had to give them a try.




I stumbled into a tutorial on applying ink to the embossing folder before they are run through the Cuttlebug. Why didn't I think of that? :o) Just apply the ink on the folder (the side that Cuttlebug" is printed on) put the paper on and run through the machine. Make sure you don't move the paper as you are setting it on your plates as it will smudge. I learned that one the hard way.

I tried another new technique on this card. I have done heat embossing many times but this time I tried something a little different. The stamp I wanted to use was a perfect match to the paper I was using but it was too big for my Nestie. I covered the portion of the stamp that I didn't want to use with tacky tape. I covered it in the VersaMark and then removed the tape. It worked perfectly when stamped. I used transparent powder and when it had set, I used a sponge to cover the embossing in ink.

Paper
CTMH – Key To My Heart, Juniper and White Daisy CS
Stamps
CTMH – Key To My Heart, Just Because
Ink – Stamp Pads
CTMH – Juniper and VersaMark
Accessories
Heat embossing, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Prisma Glitter, White Daisy Ribbon

The creative wheels are turning and I am in the middle of working on another card that I hope to get finished soon. For Now, Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

Frogwoman said...

What a lovely card. I am going to have to try and do the ink in the envelope trick.

Alison Anderson said...

Cool technique! I will have to give that a try- I'm a bit of a spaz so I'm betting I'll have to do some practice runs!

Lisa Olson said...

Love this card Cindy, thanks for watching the video and taking part, it really is a stunner.

queensteph77 said...

WOW, that is a great technique. I totally missed it on scs. Im so happy you showed it on here. You did awesome, you care is beautiful!!