Sunday, February 1, 2009
Sweet Treat Valentine Challenge
I am hosting my first challenge...Yippie! It is originally posted on the Papercraft Planet CTMH website. http://www.papercraftplanet.com/group/closetomyheart/forum/topics/join-in-on-a-special-valentine.
Here is an explanation and the rules:
In honor of Valentine's Day, I am putting together this "Sweet Treat" Challenge. Everyone has a Valentine's wish list. For this challenge we will for once and for all get those items we have been wishing for all these years. Here is my wish list:
Heart Shaped Box of Chocolates
Romantic Dinner with that Special Someone
Day at a Spa
Latest and Greatest Camera
New Craft Workspace
Bottle of Dom Perignon
Here are the rules for the challenge:
1. Players should pick at least 3 items from the above list and post it to PCP or leave a comment here with you selected wish list no later than 11:00pm EST Friday February 6th. You may "wish" for as many items as you like!
2. On Saturday February 7th, I will post what the "wish list" items equal in supplies.
3. Your challenge will be to craft a card or scrapbook page using EACH item from your wish list and ONLY those items. There are a few freebies listed below.
4. Post your completed project on the PCP site or a comment here with link to your blog with the item no later than 11:00pm EST on Friday February 13th.
5. On Saturday February 14th there will be a random drawing from all the entries for a "Sweet Treat" goodie bag! My cat, Carlie, has promised to help me with the drawing to make sure it is kept fair. :o) I will post the winner both here and on PCP that day.
6. The following items are freebies for the project
a. white CS and 1 additional color of CS
b. black ink and/or black marker
c. 1 stamp
7. A special twist to the challenge...everyone MUST use a piece of ribbon somewhere on the project.
You may use any theme you wish for your completed project. I am not limiting supplies to only CTMH...use whatever supplies you have on hand. The PCP group has chosen to keep the prize around $5 or a handmade gift. After the challenge is over, the winner has the option to be the new host. We can decide that after the challenge is over.
It's time that all our "wishes" come true! Have some fun AND complete a project you need to get done at the same time. I'm looking forward to everyone playing along!
I'm off to work on more cards and get yet another cup of coffee. For Now, Happy Crafting!