Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow Day

Snow, Snow, Snow everywhere!!! I don't have the final amount, but I can tell you that it is a pile. I made this card for the SCS Clean and Simple Challenge today (CAS04). A CAS card is done simply with few layers and embellishments...less is more. Today's challenge was to complete a card that has "dots" done either by pen or paper piercing. This card had to be done for all the Mom's home with the kiddies that didn't have school today (or me, because DH the school teacher was home.) :o) It is a very simple card done with CTMH CS and ink colors of Juniper and Sorbet. The card base is Daisy White. The stamps are from my stash. I colored them with my markers and added liquid glass and glitter glue and the card was done. I did try a new technique for the "dots." I used a plastic needlework canvas to keep them straight...wooohooo...they are straight for the first time in my life!

I need a suggestion...anyone have any ideas for me about a craft table? I have a small space and would like something that is collapsible but something that looks like furniture. I am toooooo old to be sitting on the floor making cards. :o)

For Now, Happy Crafting!

6 comments:

Ashley Newell said...

What a cute card! I love the octagon, it's awesome!

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Glad your open house went well! Nice card & I wish ya could send some of that snow to San Antonio!

laos348 said...

Nice job on the challenge - I haven't done one yet myself for this one.

Felicia said...

Hi Cindy!! You did a great job on the challenge. The focal image is so fun! I love that sentiment too.

Becky said...

nice job on the challenge,love the sentiment.

Rosie Lilya said...

Love those drinks! I've used a plastic canvas before too- mine didn't come out as neat at yours though! Yes, you need a spot for you to create- and not on the floor! Lots of great ideas on SPS site- check out what others are using