Sunday, June 28, 2009

"Beary" Good Morning!

Isn't this little guy too cute for words! :o) He was in a stamp set that I received in one of my "Goodie Boxes." There is one more "Goodie Box" left in the June Deal a Day at CTMH and the contents of this one are rumored to be worth upwards of $300! There are only 3 days left in June, so check my CTMH site each day so you don't miss out!

I needed a quick card for a friend who had minor surgery. To complete this card, I stamped the bear in Desert Sand ink on a piece of White Daisy CS. I then stamped him again in Moonstruck ink on the striped paper. I cut the flower out and attached it to the image stamped on the white CS. This technique is called "Paper Piecing" and I love the look. The mat is the same paper as the little flower. Paper Piecing is quick and gives a striking effect to your work. The little bear was colored with my Prisma Pencils and then blended with gamsol. I sponged another piece of CS for another mat, attached a couple embellishments, stamped the sentiment and the card was done! The blue CS is one of my new colors - Dutch Blue - and I think it is rapidly becoming one of my favorites! For Now, Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Yes he is just toooo cute :). love the paper pieced flowers.

Gramrussell said...

This is so "beary" cute! Love the paper piecing and I agree that that shade of blue os really nice!

Penny said...

Awww.. what a cute card.