Friday, July 31, 2009

Get Ready for the Blog Hop!

I have had a such a wonderful summer thus far! I just got home from a few days at the Jersey Shore. A good friend rents a house every summer in Ocean Gate near Tom's River. This area of coastal center New Jersey is fascinating. Ocean Gate is a quiet town filled with clapboard older homes about a mile (as the sea gull flies) from the bay. Seaside is the barrier town. The "beach" is actually Tom's River. At this location, the river is a combination of cedar water (from the Pine Barrens) and salt water. It it calm and a perfect haven for boats and other shore creatures.





I have been so lucky this July....a weekend in Virginia, a weekend in the Pocono Mountains and days at the Shore....all with friends! I'm nicknaming July the "Great Mooch Patrol!"

Alas, it is time to get back to work! This morning I am heading off to a Scrapbooking Convention at the Valley Forge Convention Center and this afternoon I will prepare for the August Close To My Heart Blog Hop! My card is almost done! I'll try to report back this afternoon about the Convention and give a few more details about the Blog Hop.

For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: