Monday, July 13, 2009

A Thank You Card using a Brayer

I spent a lovely weekend with good friends in Virginia. They live just outside Washington DC which is about a 3 hour drive from the Philadelphia area. After a great time sitting around eating and talking it was time to begin the trek home. The weather was so beautiful, DH and I decided to take a quick drive through Washington. We hit there late Sunday afternoon so we literally only spent about 45 minutes but it was well worth the time. I love to see different things and I admit that I can be a little obnoxious with a camera. Some times I tend to just get out of the car when I see a shot that I want to get....that is just what I did here....Here is the Washington Monument and DH "guarding" the car.




Getting to spend the weekend with friends means I have a reason to make a "Thank You" card! The Splitcoast Stampers Clean and Simple Challenge (CAS23 )for today was perfect. The challenge was to take inspiration for your card from this website . I wanted to try yet another new technique (at least for me) so here it is...


I heat embossed the flower bouquet with clear embossing powder. When it cooled, I loaded my brayer with Dutch Blue and Garden Green ink. I went over the entire card with the brayer. I purposely did not worry about even coverage because I wanted it to appear "rustic." The three small squares measure 1 3/4 inches and are cut from Garden Green paper. The smaller images are 1 1/2 inches. They were cut from White Daisy and very lightly brayered with the same blue and green combo. I chose to stamp the daisies off center and adhere the square off center to add to the light hearted feel of the card. I used 3D foam squares to attach the daisies. The bow is tied with Garden Green Organdy ribbon. Lastly, I chose to stamp the sentiment and daisies in Cocoa rather than black because I felt it would be softer and match the playful theme. All products used are Close To My Heart. The stamps are CTMH "A Friend is...." (unfortunately retired) and the sentiment is from "Gratitude."

I had a wonderful weekend and I hope that you did also. For Now, Happy Crafting

2 comments:

Penny said...

We just moved from NH to NC in May. Long drive... lol. But we stopped in DC for a few hours. It was pretty amazing seeing all the monuments that were there. I can't wait to scrapbook those photos!

Paige Dolecki said...

Cindy -

Love this card! I just received this stamp in a goodie box and can't wait to play with it!

Paige