Monday, July 20, 2009

Wow Power!

Wow Power...I used this phrase the other day when I was describing the Accordion Album and I think I like it!

What is "Wow Power?" It is an project that looks really complex but can be completed by anyone and completed in a short time. As an "enabler" by nature, I want to be able to share paper crafting with everyone. I want new crafters to have immediate gratification and feel as if they have made something special the first time they pick up a stamp and paper cutter. Close To My Heart makes this really easy with the matching papers, inks and stamps.

I am starting a new tag called "Wow Power." My plan is to develop projects that can be completed quickly, look complex and cause you to say "Wow" out loud!

Here are my first to efforts (besides the My Garden Accordion Album.)




The Birthday Card is was completed for SCS Clean and Simple Challenge 24. The challenge was to use turquoise, orange and yellow. Odd combo of colors but perfect for a Birthday Card. This card fits the "Wow Power" tag because I used 1 stamp set and CTMH coordinating colors of Juniper, Sorbet and Sunflower. It is simple easily measured and cut mats and three brags. I made it in about 10 minutes. Wow!

The Thank you card was done by randomly stamping the medium mat with stamps that match the CTMH B/T Duo's paper that I used for the larger mat. The smallest mat was embossed with a Cuttlebug folder. While I had my Cuttlebug out, I cut a Nestabilities mat for the sentiment. The sentiment is stamped in Blush ink using the new Fringed Phrases Stamp Set. This is a great multipurpose set. Love it.... I cut out a stamped flower from the set that I used to do the random stamping (Tickled Pink...it is retired) and popped it up with 3D Foam. I attached a photo hanger and ribbon and the card was done. It took under 30 minutes. Wow!

"Wow Power" is a Frugal endeavor. Time is money as the phrase states and we all have so little time in today's busy world. For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: