Sunday, September 20, 2009

Another Fun Background

Yesterday I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to take Michelle Zindorf's Brayering Worshop. Michelle travels the country teaching fellow stampers how to create wonderful backgrounds using a brayer. Check out her website for more of her terrific creations.



I've played with a brayer, but never been able to achieve the same wonderful effects as Michelle taught yesterday. We made 3 cards (oh the pressure). I was pooped when I got home. This morning I gave the technique a try on my own.

Techniques are universal. Regardless of what stamps or inks you use, the basic premise is the same. The Owl is from CTMH's "Whooo Loves You" set and the papers used are Autumn Terracotta and Sunflower. The inks include Autumn Terracotta, Sunflower, Smokey Plum, Chocolate and Cocoa (all CTMH). The pattern paper is from a pack called Enchanted. BTW, Enchanted will be retiring at the end of December. Check my sidebar for a list of papers that are retiring. If there are any there that you like, visit my website to place an order. I understand that there are a few that are already out of stock!

I think I was able to remember what I learned yesterday. What do you think? For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: