Saturday, September 26, 2009

Craft Fair!

Well, I did it! I had my first table at a Craft Fair. What fun... :o) It was located at Augustus Lutheran Church in Trappe, PA. What a tranquil setting. The Church is the oldest unchanged standing Lutheran Church in continuous use in America. It has a fascinating history and their website has pictures of the interior. Anyway, back to the Craft Fair. It was well organized. All the spots were marked and each vendor had a reserved parking spot right at their location. Boy did that make life easier. Having no prior experience, I had no idea what set up works best or how much product to take. I've read that having your own business means that you have to leave your comfort zone. Today was a perfect example. I used my best judgement drawing for all the Craft Fairs I have been to in the past, talking with friends and research on the Internet. Here is what I came up with....that's DH standing in the background.





I had lose cards and card sets, bookmarks, door hangers, altered binder clips, altered clothes pins, altered composition books, tile coasters, altered tea lights, some crocheted items and Close To My Heart Idea Books. When all was said and done, I didn't sell as much as I had hoped, but I did sell some things. I met some wonderful people and made some great contacts. Will I do it again??? Absolutely! As a matter of fact, I have signed up to participate in another one in October. More details to follow on that big event. :o)



By the way, I realized that I haven't given you an update on the new Kitty...Bombay. She is alive and kicking....no really, kicking. My arms and legs look like her scratching post. She's now about 12 weeks old and has a great personality. The scratches are from her playing! She is so mischievous and without warning, plops on your lap and goes to sleep. What joy to have a "child" in the house! :o)

For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: