Sunday, November 8, 2009

Another Craft Fair Item

I have been so busy creating that I realized this morning that I have been ignoring my blog...Oh my, that is not good. I have been busy making pro-type items for my Craft Table. I will be participating in 3 more Craft Fairs this season and I am trying to make some Holiday Goodies.


I was given several pieces of 9 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch chipboard. Hum, what to do with it. By the way, have you ever looked at something, anything and wondered how you could alter it??? I am developing a serious problem with that thought. Anyway, back to the chipboard. The pieces sat in my craft stock pile for weeks. Finally, I decided that they must have a purpose. Here is what I came up with...

Here are the steps I took to make this altered picture frame:

1. Score the chipboard at the 4 1/2 and 5 inch marks.

2. Cover the chipboard with pattern paper.

3. Sand and sponge the edges. BTW - an emery board works great for sanding chipboard.

4. Cut mats and squares for photos using Nestabilities.

5. Drill holes in the spine. For example a Fiskars Craft Drill was used.

6. Thread ribbon through holes and tie bow.

7. Attach flowers or any embellishment making sure that space is left to slip the photo underneath.

Supplies used for this project include: Bella B/T Duo pattern paper, Smokey Plum and Vanilla Cream card stock, Colonial White Ribbon, paper flowers and adhesive backed pearls. Ink colors include smokey plum, hollyhock and blush. All supplies, except for the chipboard and Close To My Heart.

I think I'll make a few more of these for my craft fair. What do you think? For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: