Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year....It's National Papercrafting Month!

I hope that everyone enjoyed the Holiday Season. Personally, I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. I started thinking about Christmas in July when I committed to my first Craft Fair. September through the December has been nothing but making Christmas goodies. My Christmas stamp sets need to cool down before they melt! :o)

The coming of the New Year affords us the opportunity to think about the direction we are going. I have never been a fan of setting New Years Resolutions. I have always thought that if you break the resolution, you have set yourself up for more frustration...exacerbating the practice that you hoped to change. Having said that, it doesn't mean that I don't think that you shouldn't reevaluate things. When you re-think what you are doing and find things that you want to change, set small achievable goals. Don't be too lofty. Take small sets and reward yourself when you meet what you have planned.

This year, I recognize that I need to get myself better organized. I have been told, even teased, about being organized. But, at least for me, I have gotten away from doing my tried and true practice of doing a daily to do list. For years, I have always done a daily list of the things I need to get done. It doesn't matter how trivial the item is, it goes on the list. When the task is complete, I highlight it off. This gives me positive reinforcement that I am accomplishing something. It is great for those days when you feel as if you have gotten nothing done! The next morning, I refer to the previous day's list and recopy what wasn't done. Nothing falls through the cracks. It is a great system and for what ever reason I stopped. I start again today!

What else is on my list???
1. Be more consistent with my Blog and Facebook Page posts.
2. Do more scrapbooking layouts
3. Organize my craft area.
4. And, keep my daily to do list going.

I started on these goals already. I did a scrapbook layout! January is National Papercrafting Month. In honor of the month, Close To My Heart has a great paper pack called Felicity. The set includes several exclusive speciality papers and a great stamp set. You can purchase it outright or even earn it free. Check out my website for the details. Remember, it is only available during January.






This layout was done for the SplitCoast Stampers Scrapbook Sketch Challenge 219. The challenge incorporates circles into the layout and Felicity is perfect. The large scalloped circle paper is included in the kit! The images are all from the exclusive stamp set. The colors used in the paper pack include Twilight, Autumn Terracotta, Barn Red, Colonial White, Desert Sand and Sorbet. For this layout I used Twilight, Autumn Terracotta, Desert Sand and Colonial White. I added a few sparkles and the layout was done!

Watch for my posts because I have already started another of my goals. For Now, Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous LO. I adore the swirl with the bird.