Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Mojo Monday Valentine Card Featuring CTMH Texture Card Stock

Ok, it's not Monday, but this card is done for the Mojo Monday Challenge. I have been lurking the Mojo Monday Blog and it's sketches for weeks and have never gotten around to participating. Well, this week, I did! For those of you who aren't aware of the Mojo Monday Blog, it is a great site that offers a weekly sketch challenge. This is the link to the blog and here is this week's sketch.


As I mentioned in a previous post, Close To My Heart is doing a great thing during the month of February. Purchase textured card stock and a $2 donation will be made to Operation Smile's relief efforts in Haiti. What a wonderful thing! I wanted to show off the textured card stock and the Mojo Monday Sketch was right on time. The sketch calls for a normal size card. I have been having so much fun with my new Martha Stewart Score Board that I decided to make the challenge but also make a Gate Fold card. I took a 12 x 6 inch piece of textured card stock and scored and folded at the 3 and 9 inch marks. The sketch was completed on the closure flat that measures a normal A2 card or 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inches.



The theme colors for this card are Hollyhock, Blush, Chocolate and Colonial White. That's Amore B/T Duos are the pattern papers. I used Hollyhock ink to distress the base of the card. The textured card stock is perfect for adding "depth" to your cards. The images are from A Love. A brand new My Acrylix stamp set that sells for $7.95. Wow!! The flap is centered and attached over the meeting point of the edges of the gate fold base. The card stays closed with a small Velcro dot. I also decorated the inside of the card....always remember to leave a spot to personalize you card! :o) Here are a few more views of the completed card.







If you look closely, you can see the texture of the card stock. What do you think...I think the ink distressing really shows of texture. It is really fun to work with. Remember $14.95 gets you 2 packs of card stock and a donation for much needed earthquake relief in Haiti. For Now, Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Jean said...

This is such a pretty card - a perfect valentine!