Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snow Challenge 6 - My Card

I got my card done and posted before kick-off. Remember, the challenge was to complete a card in honor of the the Super Bowl. It didn't matter what the subject matter was, but the card was to be either Blue and White or Black and Gold. Well, this is my card...
The sketch is from the Wishes Book and is called Medallion. It is done on a white 5 X 7 card base. Take a close look at the Indian Corn Blue top section. My friend Andrew told me about his technique for heat embossing. I applied the VersaMark ink with crumpled tin foil. I randomly "stamped" the foil over the card stock, sprinkled the clear embossing powder and heated. I am really pleased with the results. Thanks so much to Andrew!

The blues are Indian Corn Blue and Moonstruck. If you again look closely, you will see that the middle White Daisy strip is textured. Remember, CTMH is has the great promotion this month with textured card stock packs. Buy one, get one free and $2 will be donated toward the the Haitian Earthquake Relief Fund. I really like the textured CS....look how great it ink distresses! The images are from the My Acrylix set called "Treasure Life."

Oh, almost forgot to mention....just because I made a Blue and White card, does not mean that I am cheering for the Colts. Although, my Mom was born in Indianapolis and I still have family there....hum... :o)

I have had so much fun doing these challenges! I think I'll take some time off now and watch the Super Bowl. For those of you that haven't had a chance to finish up, do so and post your finished products here or on my Facebook Fan page. I'll do the random drawing Tuesday Evening...BTW - we are supposed to get several more inches of snow on Wednesday! Looks like a few more challenges may be in our future. Thanks to everyone who played along. For Now, Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Milnie said...

Gorgeous card Cindy! love the color and the sentiment is beautiful!

hugs