Friday, March 19, 2010

A Golf Gift Box

The other day was my Wedding Anniversary. DH and I have been together for umpteen years. DH used to be a big golfer but for some reason, he got away from it. So, I thought it would be fun to give him golf lessons and some assorted goodies to help encourage him to return to an activity that he used to love. I did my research and found a local golf pro and shopped for the golf balls and tees. When I got home, I thought it would be fun to make a box to put his treats in. Since the big gift was lessons, I thought that I would make the box comical....I call it "In the rough and near the sand trap...." :o)


I made an A2 size Pizza Box. The directions can be found here. The lid is made with retired Close To My Heart paper pack called "Game On." I used Nesties to cut the 2 layers in Bamboo and Colonial White. For fun, I got some crinkled green paper Easter Grass and attached it to the top layer. I grabbed a scrap of Desert Sand and tore, sanded and sponged it to make the Sand Trap. As I have mentioned before, CTMH Card Stock is white core. It is great for distressing and tearing. The golf ball was cut from a tiny nestie, run through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dot folder and sponged. I used 2 pop up dots to attach the golf ball so that it stood up in the rough. Lastly, I sponged the sky with crystal blue.

DH was very surprised by his Golf Box especially since he FORGOT our Anniversary. See why I call it "In the rough near the sand trap..." hee hee... :o) For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: