Monday, March 15, 2010

It's Blog Hop Time - Featuring Close To My Heart Liquid Glass

Liquid Glass is a great product! It was one of the very first "accessories" I tried when I became a Consultant. I just love it and have "enabled" so many others to love it, too! It is not only me who loves Liquid Glass. The blog hop group voted to highlight it in this month's featured product hop.

Liquid Glass is a thick liquid that dries clear. It can be used for emphasizing details, for adding depth to stamped images and even for attaching buttons!

I've made 2 projects using Liquid Glass. The first is an Easter Basket. By making just a few scores, cuts and folds you have a cute little holder for Easter Treats. I shall get the template posted shortly.

I used the Liquid Glass to highlight the eggs and the centers of the flowers.


You can see the "glass" effect on the egg and the raised center of the flowers. The basket is made from Watermelon Textured Card Stock. The cute little bunny was heat embossed in Cocoa Powder and then painted using my Yasutomo water color paints. The images are from the My Acrylix Bunny Love set.

My next project is a Thank You card....it looks like today is the day of "pink." The card features Blush card stock and More to Adore B/T Duo pattern paper. The flower image is from "Enjoy Every Moment" and was colored with my Copics. The Liquid Glass adds depth to the center of the daisies.



Now hop on over to Melissa's Blog and check out her great work. For Now, Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

Wendy K. said...

What a cute Easter basket! Now that card is another story - now I'm in love with that stamp (like I need another one!) LOL Beautiful card!

Carol said...

I think the basket is adorable, but the Card, wow. Great.

Haley D. said...

These are lovely!

Melissa said...

Love the Easter Basket...too cute!