Friday, August 27, 2010

Scrapbook Design and You Class

I recently mentioned that I was working on layouts to use as samples for my upcoming Scrapbook Design and You class. I completed my Scrapbook Design Certification! Yippiee! I have on finished that I want to share. The classes are being held at the Michaels in Collegeville PA. I am teaching 2 sessions....one in the evening and one in the morning. Evening classes will begin on Wednesday September 8th and will run 4 consecutive Wednesdays and the morning classes begin Thursday September 9th and also will be held 4 consecutive Thursdays.


I learned so much while taking the certification and can't wait to share the information. The course covers everything from the basics of what really is a scrapbook to design theory and color management. It even covers how to journal more effectively and the use of all kinds of wild and wonderful tools!



This layout uses pictures I took in 1998 while on a 3 week trek through Europe. Oh was I lucky to have had the opportunity to take that trip. Anyway, the papers and embellishments (except for "Tuscany") are from the Close To My Heart paper packet called Notebook. Unfortunately, Notebook is no longer available but it was perfect for these photos. The LO incorporates a number of the techniques and principles that I will be covering in the class. So, if you live in the Philadelphia PA area, consider taking the course....it is truly a great learning experience.

By the way, the Close To My Heart New Product Blog Hop begins later today. Don't forget to check back for not only my contributions, but also, the work of my CTMH Consultants as we kick off the brand new Idea Book set to be released on September 1st. For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: