Thursday, September 30, 2010

Close To My Heart october Stamp of the Month Blog Hop!

I just refuse to accept that it is already October! And, as is tradition, the start of a new month signals the time for a Close To My Heart Blog Hop. This month, the stamp is called "Sharing The Magic" and it is right on time for inspiration to start those Holiday projects.

If your arrived here from Lori's blog, you are on the right track. There were so many possibilities of projects to make with this stamp that my mind went numb. But, as I studied the set, Gift Tags just screamed out at me.
This first tag was completed on an acrylic hanger. While it doesn't show well in the photo, you will have to trust me that it is painted with a mixture of blue and silver alcohol inks. The blue strip of paper (Sky) was randomly stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed in Silver Pearl. The package image was stamped using Pacifica and very lightly shaded with Cranberry. The little tags on the packages were colored with Cranberry. For a little bling, Prisma Glitter was added.

This next tag was cut from textured Bamboo Card Stock using my Cricut. The layers are Cranberry and Colonial White. The little reindeer was stamped in Cocoa and colored using my Prisma Pencils and Gamsol. I attached the Holiday Craft Button using Liquid Glass.




Last but not least, is a quick and simple card I completed using the set.

The card also features Mistletoe. The focal point image was stamped with VersaMark and heat embossed using Cranberry Embossing Powder.

By the way, I just wanted to say that I am not cracking up and have already put my Christmas Tree up. This is a small tree that I use in my Craft Fair Display. Since I have a Craft Fair to attend on Saturday, I have pulled it out already. I thought it would make a nice backdrop for the cards. It is now time to hop on over to Michelle's blog to check out her creations. Thanks for hopping by and For Now, Happy Crafting!

10 comments:

Christine Klag said...

Cindy I love your style and your blog! You sure have a knack for taking items and creating something beautiful from them. I so enjoyed the scrapbooking class you taught this past month. I learned so much from you. You are very knowledgeable, fun and full of great ideas. It was a pleasure to meet you and I'm sure I'll run into you again soon!

Susan Brooks - The Closet Stamper said...

Nice tags. Love the clear tag - very clever!

Tammy Lea Pinchard said...

Wow, love these.

Cindy Appleman said...

Very cute!

Haley D. said...

What a great set, complete with a Christmas tree! Very festive!

Krista Ritskes said...

Love them. The clear tag is gorgeous.

Melissa said...

Beautiful projects!! You are very creative!

Wendy Coffman said...

Love the clear ornament. Cute projects!

Debra said...

Love the ornament! Cute projects!

Kathleen said...

I love your projects!! I especially love the acrylic tag! Very clever!!