Monday, January 17, 2011

Clean and Simple Daisy

Well I've been busy today and I can't even post most of my work yet as it has all been done for the upcoming new CTMH Idea Book release on February 1st. I have several of the new products and you will just have to take my word for it...love almost everything! Have to make yet another order! :o)


I wanted to take a break and have something to share with everyone so I checked out the Splitcoast Stampers Clean and Simple Challenge. Today's challenge was an inspiration challenge. The card we were to use had a sentiment in the lower corner and a ribbon across the top. I know that I've said it before, but a CAS card is not as easy as it seems. I wanted to use something that is "new" without revealing all the goodies in the pending Idea Book. These buttons are new and will be available in just a few weeks.



The stem, leaf and sentiment are from "A Posey." This is a cute little set that I will be using in an upcoming card workshop. I arranged the buttons so that they resembled a flower. Oh, by the way, don't forget to tie ribbon, thread or floss in your buttons...no naked buttons! This simple task will help your work look more complete. I attached the ribbon and asked DH to hold it while I tied the bow...ahhhh...a mistake. He had dirt on his finger and it marked the top of the card. "To the Moon" he went as I reached for my Rub and Remove eraser. Whew, it came off....boy are those erasers great! :o) I let him return from orbit and he is currently cooking dinner. I have to say he did feel badly.

Anyway, here are the details of the card...it is done on an A2 base of Cotton Candy. The top layer is White Daisy. I "flipped" the fold for fun and rounded the corners to mimic the roundness of the buttons.

Back to work on samples for my Idea Book Kick Off Party in early February. For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: