I wanted to do a little something other than sewing around my mats so I actually included sewing in 3 spots on the card...Straight stitching as the upper corner embellishment, cross stitches on the sentiment mat and if you look closely, embroidery on the focal point image. First I stamped the stem of the little flower and then back stitched it and used a satin stitch for the leaf.
This actually turned out to be a far more complex card that I intended. The focal point image was sponged with Sky ink. The grass was stamped along the bottom. The bunny was rock and roll stamped and cut out as was a second layer of grass. I did the second layer of grass so that it appeared as if he was sitting in the grass. If you look closely, I even added Liquid Applique to make a "cotton tail." The flower he is smelling was stamped and cut out twice. The edges were sponged and curled upward for a 3D effect. I did a little masking for the sentiment. The image actually says "hope." But I wanted my bunny to hop! :o)
I love playing along with the City Crafter Challenges...they really inspire me. For Now, Happy Crafting!