Thursday, February 24, 2011

Handmade Wedding Card Featuring Close To My Heart Bliss Papers

I didn't realize how much time had passed since my last post...soooo busy but soooo much fun creating! Bliss is one of the new Close To My Heart paper packets. It combines soft shades of Bamboo, Colonial White, Gray Flannel and Chocolate. Odd color combo but it works perfectly for Weddings!

My cousin saw the Wedding Card I had made a few weeks back and asked me to create one for a Wedding she will be attending in a few weeks. This card needed to include shades of "berry."





This card is done on a 5 x 7 inch base of Bamboo card stock. My first layer is Vineyard Berry. The next layer is one of the B/T Duo's from Bliss. I split it and the lower portion is the side with the Gray Flannel and the upper portion is the Bamboo. I hid the seam with the ribbon panels. That's the last of my Vineyard Berry ribbon that was included in the now retired Emporium Creative Basics kit (bummer).




The Cake was heat embossed in gold. It is colored using Blush and Vineyard Berry inks blended with a blending pen. The leaves are New England Ivy, Olive and Garden Green. I used my Spica pen (a clear gel glitter pen) to lightly color over the draping icing. I added some of CTMH's Opaques Mocha Pearls for added bling. The cake has been popped up on a mat of Colonial White. Before I sponged the Colonial White with Bamboo, Gray Flannel and Vineyard Berry, using a piece of Saran Wrap, I randomly stamped Liquid Glass all over the mat. When it dries, it gives a nice texture and an ink resist. I think it gives a nice shaddow effect for the background of the cake. What do you think?


The cake image is from a retired CTMH set called Now and Forever. CTMH has a new Wedding Cake image that is included in the set called Precious Love (C1444). I really like it but just haven't had a chance to get my hands on it yet!


My Cousin also wanted a matching Gift Card Holder...

It is just a simple piece of Bamboo scored and attached on the sides to form a pocket. It is held closed with Velcro.

Time to head off to teach a scrapbooking class...For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: