Saturday, March 26, 2011

A Clean and Simple Birthday Card

Many times, it is true...."Less is More." That is exactly the premise behind creating a Clean and Simple (CAS) card. The focus is on the design, not the number of layers, not the number of buttons and not the number of bows. Using that idea, I created this fun Birthday Card.



I wanted to create a card where the focus would be on the message of this card. There are not multiple layers or embellishments to distract the eye from the cute little bunny giggling as he is thinking about the recipient's age. hehehe...

To make this card, I started out with a 5 1/2 x 4/14 inch base of Colonial White. I used Sunset and Lagoon card stock and a small strip of pattern paper from Magnifique. The bunny is from CTMH's current STOM called Sensational Season. It is a wonderful stamp set designed for Easter. But, as you can see, I was able to use the image for the birthday card. It is quite a versatile set. It is only available through the end of the month and you can see the full stamp set on my website. Anyway, I used the word bubble that is contained in a set called Party Animal and letters from the set called Tiny Typewriter. "Fifty is Nifty" is from a retired CTMH set that was in my stash.

Challenge Day 24 at 365 Cards blog was to complete a card using these letters of the alphabet...M = Markers, N = Numbers and O = Orange. What a cute challenge. For the "M," I colored the bunny with my Copic Markers. Fifty is the Number and I highlighted the card with orange (sunset.)

A Clean and Simple design really helps you add focus to the images on your projects. In many cases, less really is more. For Now, Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I love, Love, LOVE that little bunny! Super cute. Thanks for sharing :-)

Anonymous said...

A Clean and Simple Birthday Card designed so beautifully i like it...
Plastic cards
Plastic card printing