Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Handmade Easter Card using CTMH Sophia Papers

I am always looking for ideas for cards that a little different. I recently found the sketch on Splitcoast Stampers that fit the bill for this Easter card.



Sophia is a wonderfully bright paper packet that includes shades of Blush, Goldrush, Hollyhock and Pear. This card doesn't use Goldrush but trust me the rich gold color is in the packet. I selected an image for Carefree Days for the flowers. Each square is 1 1/4 and matted with 1 1/2 Hollyhock paper. I purposely stamped the flower image off center to add interest and movement. "Happy" is from my go to stamp set called "Tag the Occasion." "Easter" is from a retired set. :o( If you look closely, you'll see that I scored and sanded the top layer. That is what I love about CTMH's white core card stock. It is so simple to add texture to a card. The card stock, when sanded with even a nail file, reveals the white core. With this technique, no two cards ever appear the same! You can truly create one of a kind cards even if you are doing an assembly line of bulk cards!

I love trying new techniques and find that sometimes the simplest are the best. For Now, Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Shirley said...

How really pretty and what a great layout too! I am usually lurking along in a hurry. It's nice to stop and really get the details too. TFS