Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Paper Pieced Baby Card

Another challenge card for 365 Cards! :o) Day 10's challenge was called "Trendy." Participants were asked to look at current paper crafting trends in recent magazine or the Internet and use what we see as the inspiration for a card.

One of the things I've been noticing recently is Paper Piecing. In a recent edition of Card Maker magazine the entire process was highlighted. It was from that article (and a sketch I found elsewhere in publication) that I made this card.



Paper Piecing is an off shoot of quilting. An image is "colored" using different papers. For this project, I stamped the teddy bear on a piece of patterned paper. I then re-stamped it on coordinating brown paper for his nose. The image was stamped two more times on pattern blue paper (flower petals) and yellow (center of flower.) Each element was cut out and attached to the original image. You can also paper piece using an electronic cutter such as a Cricut (using the layers tab) or even a manual cutter such as a Cuttlebug or Sizzix.

You know I love to "color," but I really like the options that Paper Piecing provides. The ability to use multiple pattern papers on a single image opens up so many possibilities for your projects. What do you think? For Now, Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

Karen said...

What a sweet card! I love that little bear ~

Hannah said...

So cute! I like the CAS look :-) Thanks for playing along with us.