Tuesday, April 12, 2011

CTMH - Fanfair Paper!

I realized that I hadn't shown you one of the paper packets in the current Idea Book...Fanfare. Fanfare is fun, bright and perfect for birthdays, Summer Holiday's and Congratulations.


There is a lot to chat about on this one 5 x 7 card so let me get started....


The large star was done using a technique called "tissue stamping." If you look closely, you can see that the image is actually a mixture of red and yellow. I took a paper towel and rubbed it on my stamp pad. I then blotted the stamp. I repeated the process several times using both colors of ink. Another great thing about a clear stamp is that you can see when you have enough ink on the image. I cut the star out after it was stamped.


The fan folded "star" is the upper right corner is scored, accordion folded and held together with glue dots and Liquid Glass. I scored and sanded. I even stamped on ribbon!


Last but not least is the card sketch is from CTMH's "Wishes" sketch book. I just love that book! It is filled with sketches, tips and ideas. There is even a CD included that is used to make fun shapes like the "wind swept" Cranberry part of the card. All you need to do is print out the template and cut your card stock. So easy... As a matter of fact, the sketch for this card is called "Windswept."


Fanfare is a fun paper packet. I can see you using it for so many things. For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: