Tuesday, May 31, 2011

CTMH June Blog Hop Time!

Another month has passed so that means it's Blog Hop time again!  This month, CTMH features a very usable set called Jubilation.  It contains 24 stamps covering a wide variety of Holidays and Celebrations.  Several of the stamps are just perfect when used with the 1 1/4 inch punch!

If you've arrived here from LeAnne's Blog, you're on the right track.  I wanted to come up with something "fun" so I altered an "Iris" brand card organizer.

The mat card stock is Olive and Outdoor Denim and the pattern paper is from Lucky.  I used Irresitables sponged in Sunset for the word "Cards" and the flourishes.  The leaf was sponged in Olive.  What is fun about this set is look closely at the 3D flower.  The petals are one of the stamps.  I merely stamped it 3 times, cut it out and poked a brad through the center.  :o)

I always make a card for these blog hops so here it is...

The card is also made using the reverse side of a piece from "Lucky."  The base is Colonial White and the torn piece is Outdoor Denim that has been scored.  To make the mat for the snowflake, I punched 5 scallop circles using the CTMH 2 inch scallop punch.  I sponged the edges, glued them together and then glued the stamped snowflake that was punched out with the 1 1/4 punch.

It's time to head off to Judy's Blog to see what she's done with the great stamp.  For Now, Happy Crafting!

12 comments:

Doreen said...

I LOVE your card box! And, your snowflake card is just darling!
~doreen at http://whereisyourhappyplace.blogspot.com

Susan Brooks - The Closet Stamper said...

Great way to organize cards!

Kathleen said...

What a great idea to make the card box! I love what you did with the snowflake card too!

Josie0602 said...

Wow! Great card box! I love seeing all the cards on this hop!

Nalazoo said...

Fun card box idea & nice job on the winter card.

Tamytha said...

Great box and I love your card...love the blues.

Melinda Everitt said...

Incredible card box! Love it!

Haley D. said...

Great idea to use this set to decorate a card box! I love your pretty blue snowflake card too.

Krista Ritskes said...

Beautiful work!

Annette_Marlow said...

This is just great Cindy, I especially love the snowflake card! You are always full of creative inspiration! Thank you for sharing! BTW~ I still plan entering your newest challenge, just very sick the last few days ;0/

Annette Green said...

Nice card and fabulous card box!

Mary Eisen said...

love the box and the card!