Friday, June 24, 2011

Neglected Yellows...A Copic Coloring Challenge

This week's Copic challenge at Simply Scrapping Crafts is to color an image using "yellow."  Such a perfect color choice for summer.  It is also the perfect color choice for me.  For years now, I have collected pineapples.  I'm not quite sure how or why I started liking pineapples other than the fact that they are both the Colonial and Pennsylvania Dutch symbol of "welcome."  Here is my card for the challenge
The card is done on a 5 x 7 inch base of Cranberry card stock.  The large mat is Close To My Heart's new Kraft card stock.  I haven't used it before...what fun to have it in the stash.  This card also features a texture panel for movement on a card.  The outdoor denim panel is scored and then sanded.  By the way, the image was a Christmas gift from a friend a few years ago....love this stamp!

I actually have some sad news about Simply Scrapping Crafts.  Judy, the owner, has decided to close the site effective the end of the month.  What a loss to the paper crafting community as SSC was one of the most friendly websites I've ever been involved with.  Well, the good news, we have one more week to enjoy. 

Thanks to everyone playing along with PPPC.  I'll be back a little later with the next challenge!  For Now, Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful work, I feel like I can smell that pineapple.

Doris T. said...

Hi Cindy!
I even had a yellow copic project for this week's SSC challenge too. Very sad to see SSC close, but I'm a follower here so I can keep in touch with you too :)
Doris