Saturday, June 4, 2011

Simply Scrapping Crafts Copic Challenge

Don't know if you remember or not, but I am on a design team over at Simply Scrapping Crafts.  It is a terrific site that includes a daily challenge...and you all know how I like challenges!  Thursday is the Copic Challenge.  This weeks challenge was to make a card where the focal point was colored with Copics and the card is embellished with buttons and bows.
One of the things I always try to remember (that I think this challenge emphases) is when you have a "fancy" focal point, do not clutter the rest of the card with embellishments that could distract from the main image.

This cute little A2 card is made using papers from CTMH's Mayberry paper packet and Colonial White, Smoothie and Olive card stock.  The focal image and sentiment are from "Love You Forever" (C1398) and the faux stitching is from "Stitched Together"  (C1459.) 

I colored the image using a number of Copics...
Chicks - Y000, Y13, Y17

Tree Branch - E00, E13, E71, E77
Nest - E00, E25, E77
Flower and Leaves - R02, R20, R29, YG01, YG05, YG95
Next week I'll "officially" be able to share with you how I colored as I am taking the Copic Certification class on Tuesday!  Can't wait!!!

So, after you've finished the Papers Pads and Pictures Challenge (hehehe) stop on over at the Simply Scrapping Crafts site to check out their fun challenges.  For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: