Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Now That We're Adding Texture To Our Projects, Let's Take It To The Next Level...

I hope that everyone has enjoyed my suggestions on adding texture to your projects, I thought it would be good to take it to the next level.  How do we encorporate this texture in our layout?  Well, I have an example for you...
This card is done on a 5 x 7 inch base of Colonial White.  The striped paper is from a retired (sorry...it was wonderful) CTMH paper packet called Free Spirit.  Because of the subject of the focal image, I wanted to give the appearance of a living room wall.  The stripes reminded me of wall paper.  I added the bottom panel of Indian Corn Blue to mimic wainscoting and the Colonial White crochet ribbon as a chair rail.  To make the wainscoting, I scored the blue panel on the 1/2 mark, repeated it across the length of the panel and sponged it in the same shade ink to add shadow. The subject of your focal image should help you select the right colors for your project. The lamp and table image are "old fashion" looking which is why I chose the softer, heritage colors.  If you were doing a scrapbook layout of little girls playing, these colors would probably not work well.  You would choose hot pinks and bright greens.  Colors that just wouldn't work for this project.   Let your focal image (whether it be a stamped image or photographs) help you select the right colors, papers and texture for your projects.

Play with the textures and colors on your projects.  Think about what your are trying to "say" with your project and textures and colors for your project will become much easier.  For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: