Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Close To My Heart September Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

Hello There!  I missed last month's Blog Hop and it's nice to be back.  This month, Close To My Heart has a very useful and versatile stamp of the month.  It is called "Limited Edition" and it contains tags sentiments and images.  If anyone is looking for a stamp to personalize their work, this is it.  There are journaling lines and even a "save the date" image.  If you've arrived from Susan's Blog, you are on the right hop along track.

As soon as I looked at this stamp set, I knew what I needed to complete.  I created this scrapbook layout in reverent memory of one of America's most tragic moments.

I took this photograph in June 2001 from the deck of a cruise ship as we sailed from the Port of New York to Bermuda.  To this day, I remain astounded by the image I preserved.

The layout is my take on a layout pictured on page 53 of the new Idea Book.  The background is Sorbet card stock and the pattern paper is from Elemental.  The starts were cut using the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge and stamped using the set called "Love Life."  I've also used Cranberry, Pacifica and Colonial White card stock and the ink colors are the same with Desert Sand used for sponging and stamping the hand image.   The stamped images from "Limited Edition" include the hand image and "remember."

It's time to hop on over to Paige's Blog to see what she has created.  I always teach that scrapbooking is about preserving our memories.  I can think of no better way to memorialize a day in our history that we shall, nor should we, ever forget.  For Now, Happy Crafting!



12 comments:

Susan Brooks - The Closet Stamper said...

This is a beautiful shot and great layout!

Unknown said...

Beautiful picture and layout! What a perfect use for this stamp set.

Cynthia said...

Your photo gave me goosebumps. I think the layout is perfect for the picture. A great way to remember.

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

Beautiful layout!!!

Casandra Bennett said...

A beautiful page, and like one of the other ladies said, a great way to remember. It is one of those events that I was thinking about yesterday and wishing I could forget but at the same time not wanting to forget. You did such a nice job on this. Thanks for sharing.

Krista Ritskes said...

What a wonderful way to commemorate and remember. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I love the way you took your inspiration from page 53 and made it your own! Vicki Emmerson

Haley D. said...

You've taken my breath away! Beautiful, touching layout!

Diana Soling said...

Gorgeous! I love how simple and beautiful it is!!

Nalazoo said...

Simple, elegant and profound. The layout only needed the one word...and it's perfect.

Annette Green said...

What a terrific photo to have in your memories. I love that you didn't include any journaling. Just the word Remember says it all. Great page!

Tamytha said...

This is breath-taking...very moving. As others said, the use of one word was perfect.