Monday, November 7, 2011

A Rosette Christmas Tree

Hi everyone...still busy...so what else is new?  I've been working on all kinds of fun projects for my workshops, Michaels Classes and my Artfire Studio.  I thought that I would post one of the cute little projects I've recently completed.

This paper Christmas Tree stands about 6 to 7 inches tall.  Just perfect as a small decoration on your buffet, fireplace or dining table.  Here is how I made it...

1.  You will need to cut 6 strips of paper.    The width of the strips should be graduated.  I used 2 x 12, 1 3/4 x 12, 1 1/2 x 12, 1 1/4 x 12, 1 x 12 and 3/4 x 12. (I used CTMH Olive and New England Ivy)
2.  I punched on edge of each strip using a border punch (I used MS Deco punch)
3.  Using my score board, scored each strip the 12 inch length on the 1/2 inch mark (24 total scores each strip)
4.  Accordion folded the stripes, glued ends together, folded inward to create a rosette.  (I used an 1 1/4 circle punch to help hold together and also used CTMH Liquid Glass as an adhesive.)
5.  When all 6 strips are folded into rosettes,  attached them together in ascending size.  6.  Rim the flower pot in Liquid Glass and set the assembled rosettes on top.
7.  Attach a star to the top.
8.  Using a glue pen, "color" glue on the edges of the branches and sprinkle with Crystal Snow. 

I image that you could use the same procedure and make the tree any size that you wish.  Just remember, if you are making larger rosettes, you will need to increase the length beyond the 12 inches I used.  Feel free to give this cute little tree a try.  For Now, Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Soooo cute. I love the colors you used!

Leslie said...

Cindy, this is too cute. I wish I had found your blog before the holidays, but I am glad I found it now. I was following the SOTM Blog Hop. I just gave up my status as a CTMH consultant. Times are hard right now for my husband and me. A gal has to do what a gal has to do. I will attempt to make this little tree for next Christmas. Did you say what size the pot is? I can't remember.
Thanks for sharing.