Friday, January 13, 2012

Retiring Close To My Heart Products

Everyone always anticipates the coming of a new CTMH Idea Book.  The Spring/Summer 2012 Idea Book becomes available of February 1st!  How exciting.  But, to make room for all the new goodies, some items will no longer be available after January 31st.  Two of the notable items that are retiring are among of my all time favorites...colored Waxy Flax and the 9x9 inch accordion albums.  Waxy Flax will still be available in neutrals (Black, Chocolate, Bamboo and Colonial White) but those fun colors of Cranberry, Juniper, Crystal Blue and Sorbet will be gone.  I love Waxy Flax.  It is a wax covered embroidery floss that hold its shape and is great for threading buttons (remember no naked buttons), stitching and adding to tags.  The 9x9 inch accordion albums are terrific for quick gifts.  Unlike an 8x8 inch scrapbook, you can scrap 2 4x6 inch photos on a page.  Several of the current paper packets are also being discontinued...Sonoma, Typeset, Roxie and Elemental will remain active. 

In honor of the retiring products, I pulled out one of my favorite, long retired stamp sets called "A Friend is...."  I don't even know when it was current.  :o)  I also wanted to show that you don't always need pattern paper to make an attractive project.  This card is done on a 5 x 7 inch base of Dutch Blue.  When was the last time I used Dutch Blue?  I also used Sky and Cotton Candy.  If you look closely, you can see the scored and sanded background on the Sky colored mat.  It is scored on the 1/4 mark across the mat and then sanded.  Sanding is a fun technique to do with the CTMH white core card stock.  I colored the flowers with my Copics.
By the way, I used my Martha punches for the Cotton Candy mat and added just a touch of Liquid Pearls in the centers of the flowers.  If you are working on a project and concerning that one of your favorite items may be discontinued, please contact me and I will check for you.  For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: