Thursday, March 1, 2012

Stitching on a Card

The other day I mentioned that paper flowers are one of the hottest trends right now.  Well, another hot trend right now is hand stitching.  It is actually very easy!  I have used my sewing machine to stitch on a project but truly I find that it really is easier to just do it by hand.  I made this card and did all the stitching by hand.
Look how even those stitches are...hehehe...let me share with you how I did it.  CTMH makes a ruler that has guide holes in it!  You merely lay it along your paper, poke holes with your paper piercer and then grab your need and thread.  So much easier than dragging out the sewing machine, breaking the bobbin thread and doing the back stitching.

A few other interesting things about this card.  The dragonfly base is a from the new Color Ready Garden Wooden Shapes.  The shapes contained in this embellishment pack match the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge.I cut the base and wings from a lacy pattern contained in the Lucy paper packet.  The body is cut in Gray Wool.  If you look closely, I added Liquid Glass to the center of the wings.  The other pattern papers are also from Lucy.  The sentiment has been heat embossed on a metal photo clip.

This was a fun card to make...so many different things going on.  Please don't tell my husband that I sewed on a card because he will expect me to sew on those missing buttons.  For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: