Friday, April 6, 2012

A Picture Inspires a Handmade CTMH Card!

I am often asked where do I get the inspiration for my creations.  Well, the answer is the world around me!  I am always thinking about how I can turn what I see into a paper crafting project.  Earlier today, I was thinking about the Spring season and sitting on my patio.  I remembered a great picture that I had taken a couple years ago and a card immediately sprung into my mind.

I love the hummingbirds that come to visit my garden each summer.  These magnificent creatures just fascinate me.  How do they dart from flower to flower so quickly and with such ease?  It is a miracle of life that these 6cm (3 1/2 inch) beauties sometimes migrate thousands of miles twice a year.  Each Spring, I eagerly anticipate their arrival after their long trek with brightly colored flowers planted and multiple red nectar feeders filled for them to feast upon.  . 

This card is made using a retired CTMH stamp set called "So Sweet."  The pattern paper is from a retired set called Mayberry.  I did use 2 new products on the card.  There is a the Color Ready Seam Binding.  Love It!!!  It is Colonial White in color and you can sponge ink on it to make in any color you wish.  I also tied a strand of Smoothie Bakers Twine around the ribbon.  The image is colored with my Copics.  By the way, the card stock is Smoothie and Cocoa. 

I thought I would share a photo that I took a few years ago right in my very own garden. 
The world around you can give you all kinds of inspiration for your creations.  Look at photographs, look at your own garden, look in the parking lot at the smiles on children's faces.  For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: