Wednesday, June 20, 2012

CTMH Stamp of the Month Meets Color My Heart

Whew, I can't believe that it has been a week since I got a post done.  I was so busy preparing for my monthly workshop that time just got away from me.  I love my monthly workshop.  My gals are getting so good that I am now really challenged to find fresh interesting ideas for them!  Love it!  :o)

Anyway, as soon as the last workshop is done, I start thinking about what what we will be doing the next month.  The Color My Heart challenge this week is to use Sky, Cranberry and Sunkiss Yellow on a project.  While we won't be using those colors in July, we will be making this fun slightly different gate fold card.



Before I get into the measurements needed to create this card, let me mention that  used the Close To My Heart June Stamp of the Month called "Life is Tweet."  This is such a cute stamp set and it can be yours for only $5 with a $50 purchase.  The birdie on the front flap has been stamped in Cranberry and his wings were colored by adding a drop of Cranberry re-inker to Glitz Glitter gel.  I randomly stamped the small flower stamp along the bottom to make it appear the the bird is standing in a field of flowers.  A tip...you should always "ground" your images.  For example...sponge grass along the bottom of a flower or tree.  Or, in this case, the flowers.  In life, objects don't just float in the air, so make sure that your card images aren't floating.  Anyway, I repeated the flowers on the inside flap along with stamping the sentiment.  I stamped the flower stem flourish on the outside cover and each of the inside flaps.  I did this to create "repeating elements" and have continuity.  "It's your birthday" was positioned so that it is hidden by the front cover when the card is closed.

Now for quick measurements for this card.  It is actually an A2 sized card and shouldn't cost additional postage.  The "base" is 4 1/4 x 10 inches and is scored at 4 1/2 inches.  The flap is 3 x 8 and is scored at 4 1/2 inches.  Attached the shorter portion of the flap to the back of of the card base for closure.  You now have several fun panels to decorate as you wish.

I had fun designing this card.  I love the CTMH Stamp of the month and you know I love color challenges.  The Color My Heart blog talks about triadic color combos.  If you remember, red blue and yellow are the primary colors.  As I mentioned, "brown" for card purposes is a 'neutral."  For this card, I used Chocolate...I thought it was totally unexpected and different and none the less a triadic color card.  Don't forget to hop over to Color My Heart for more CTMH inspiration.  For Now, Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

sarahstone said...

Hi Cindy, thanks for playing along at Color my Heart! Your card is really cute. I think I might try that shape of card one of these days. I really appreciate the measurements :) And your tip of mixing reinker with glitter gel is genious!

Sarah