Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Close To My Heart 2012 Convention

I don't know where to begin....the 2012 CTMH Convention has come to a close and I have so much to share.  I arrived home from Dallas well after midnight Sunday night and spent yesterday reflecting, recounting and recovering!  There are new paper packets, new colors, new embellishments, news about Studio J and great incentives for new consultants.  I will share all in due time.

One of the things I accomplished yesterday was to create 2 cards using some of the left over papers from the Convention Create and Takes.
The pattern paper on this card is from a wonderful new paper packed called Clementine.  I also used Cocoa as the base, Sorbet as the first mat and Lagoon as the focal mat.  Notice the Cocoa frames???  They were cut with the NEW Cricut Cartridge called Artiste! 
The stamped flower image was rock and roll inked using Sorbet and Lagoon and "Smile" was stamped in Lagoon.  Both those stamps are from a terrific new Workshop on the Go (WTOG).  We received the WTOG as one of our gifts for attending.  This WTOG is the one of the best ones ever made.  It accompanies a new paper packet called Avonlea and fits with the new concept of increasing Home Decor projects!  More about that a little later....  Anyway, see that great 3D flower in the corner?  The new Idea Book is filled with great tips and techniques and the instructions on how to make that flower are right in the Idea Book!
This card features pattern paper from two other new paper packets...Dakota and La Belle Vie.  The image is from an adorable new stamp set called "Pun Fun" and....wait for it....I colored it with the new CTMH alcohol markers!!!
If you look closely at the mat behind the rocking chair you see a new color!  It is called La Belle Vie Mauve and is only available in the La Belle Vie paper packet and WTOG.

Speaking of colors....in order to keep things fresh, periodically, CTMH updates their colors.  This year, there are 6 new colors...Slate, Whisper (grays), Saddle, Cashmere, Champagne (neutral browns/beiges) and Ruby (red.)  One of the biggest things announced at Convention, was a new concept concerning colors.  While we loved having our 60 colors, we learned that it was difficult to manage updating the inventory.  It was explained that by following the current pattern of color changes it would take 20 years to recycle all 60 colors.  Whew, would we get bored.  So, CTMH has decided to retire several of our favorites to make way for the newer colors mentioned above along with the special colors included in certain paper packets.  Here is the list....

Gray Wool
Gray Flannel
Vanilla Cream
Parchment
Brown Bag
Baby Pink
Taffy
Sunkiss Yellow
Key Lime
Heavenly Blue
Lilac Mist
Amethyst
Holiday Red
Sunflower
Sunny Yellow
Dutch Blue
Moonstruck
Vineyard Berry
Tulip
Garden Green
Spring Iris
Petal
Garnet
Pansy Purple



If you see any of your favorites or see a color that is still on your wish list, don't worry.  You have until July 31st (or while supply lasts) to order these colors.  Don't wait though...2 years ago when they retired Ocean, I waited too long and missed out on the re-inker.  Visit my website to order any one you may need to complete your color list.  A hint to help you manage this change...yesterday, I went through all of my ink pads and with a sharpie marker wrote an "R" next to the name so that it shows in my ink tower.  If I  had the matching re-inker, I also wrote an "I" on the pad.  This way, I now know which re-inkers I need to hurry and purchase.  It really worked well.  The new papers and Cricut Cartridge I highlighted about will be available on August 1st!


There is so much more than just learning about the new products at the Close To My Heart annual convention.  It is about building friendships!  These are the gals were in my block of rooms.  I had never met any of them and what beautiful friends I know have!  More about other new products and Convention fun soon.  For Now, Happy Crafting!









No comments: