Friday, August 17, 2012

CTMH Cricut Artiste Scrapbook Layout

I know that I posted earlier today, but I couldn't wait to share this layout I finished up today using the Close To My Heart Artiste Cricut cartridge. 

A few days ago, I saw a hot air balloon in the sky over my Studio.  It was just after sunrise and was so pretty that I grabbed my cell phone and took a picture.  Later that day, I realized that the new cartridge has a hot air balloon image and my wheels began to turn.  :o)

The balloon doesn't show up well in the photo, but trust me it is there...just to the left of the middle tree.  :o)  I cut the large hot air balloon image using the "fit to page" feature.  It measured 11 1/2 inches when done.  The background is "Sky" (of course) and it has been sponged with Sky, Slate and Pacifica.  The clouds are also an image on the cartridge and have been cut in various sizes in White Daisy.  The balloon overlay was cut using a piece of paper from the Stella packet.

A few fun details about layout...look closely at the gondola.  It cuts separate from the balloon.  I stamped it with one of the flourishes from this month's stamp of the month called Baroque Borders (S1208.)  I then scored and sanded it to give a woven realistic look.  I also poked holes in both the balloon and the gondola and threaded Lagoon Bakers Twine to make it appear that the gondola is hanging from the balloon.  "Enjoy the Ride" is one of the images in CTMH's double stamp set special to celebrate National Scrapbooking Month.  Both are specials and available on my website.

This was a really fun layout to make!  I can't wait to do more fun things with the Artiste Cartridge.  Check back often to see what I come up with next.  For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: