Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Handmade CTMH Gift Tag Box using Artiste Cartridge

Oh, did I have fun today.  No sooner does one of my workshops end, that I begin to plan the next.  The gals that routinely attend, decided that they wanted to get a jump start on their Holiday Cards this year, so September's class will be Holiday focused.  I thought it would be fun to make some gift tags along with the cards.  And, if you make a pile of gift tags, you need someplace to store them until December.  So, we will be making this great box I found on the Artiste Cricut Cartridge.
I figured this box would be perfect to store the gift tags in until they are ready to be used.  The box is made using the image found on page 71 of the guidebook.  You use the 3D Object feature and I cut it on "fit to page."  It made the image 5 1/4 inches.  The Artiste cartridge makes creating these boxes so easy!  It just cuts out the form, gives you "tick" marks on where to fold and all you do is adhere it at the appropriate fold lines.  Artiste even has an additional guidebook that shows you how to assemble each 3D item.  WOW...so easy. 
The box is cut from a sheet of Champagne paper.  Originally, I was sad to see Vanilla Cream and Brown Bag retire, but to tell the truth, I am really loving the new browns...Champagne, Cashmere and Saddle.  Anyway, the solid mats are Olive and the pattern paper is Pear and Partridge.  Another one of my fav's from the new Idea Book.  The sentiment and images come from a new stamp set called "Merry and Bright" (C1510.)  I just love how it coordinates so perfectly with Pear and Partridge.  The sentiment is perfect, too, for a gift tag holder...what do you think?  :o)  I'll be posting the matching gift tags soon.

I guess I've mentioned in previous posts how much I really do love the new Artiste Cartridge.  Creating is so easy with the cartridge.  You can purchase the cartridge by visiting my website.  For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: