Thursday, September 13, 2012

Handmade CTMH Halloween Tag for Operation Smile Crop

This is a  quick post before I head off to work at the floral department at Michaels.  I had a little time this morning to work on my Make and Takes for my September 29th Operation Smile Charity Crop and I thought that I would give you a sneak peak at one of them.
This is a Halloween tag that we will be making to demonstrate how easy CTMH clear acrylic stamps are to use.  The tag is cut using the Artiste Cricut Cartridge and the mats are hand cut to fit.  If you look closely, you will see that I actually used 3 different colors on this small tag...Black, Slate and Creme Brulee.  First the spider web was stamped in Slate.  Next the solid diamond patters were stamped in Creme Brulee.  I think they coordinate nicely with the diamond pattern in the Cruisin' paper I used.  What do you think?  Anyway, next I took Black ink and over stamped the swirls  onto the solid diamonds, stamped the spider on his web and stamped "Beware" over the web, too.  The entire process took about a minute.  Can you image trying to do this with those clunky wood block stamps?  All of the stamp images on this tag are from a new CTMH My Acrylix set called "All Hallows Eve" (C1462). 

I love the CTMH clear stamps.  They are so easy and allow me the freedom to create many terrific projects that would be virtually impossible with a wood mount stamp.  And, look how crisp and clear the images are.  Many people assert that you can't get a clean image with a clear stamp.  Guess they have never tried a CTMH stamp.  :o)

I mentioned earlier that this is one of the make and takes I designed for my upcoming Operation Smile Crop.  If you live in the Philadelphia PA area and would like to attend, please email me.  This is just a sample of some of the fun things I have planned.  Hope to see you there.  For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: