Monday, September 24, 2012

Try a New Technique and CTMH's STOM

I took a few minutes out of my prep work for the Operation Smile Crop coming up this Saturday to complete a post for my Design Team over at Crafting By Designs.  It was my turn to host "Try A New Technique."  Well, you know what a technique junkie I am so I set out to find something really different and fun.  How 'bout we try embossing with a folder, painting, sponging, sanding and water all on the same piece of card stock?  :o)
This is really simple and a lot of fun...take your aggressions out (gently) on your card stock!  :o)
1.  Using an embossing folder, emboss a piece of card stock.  I am sure that you could also score it using your scoreboard.
2.  Paint the entire surface using acrylic paint.  Here I used a Ranger sponge dauber in Espresso, but you could also paint with a brush.
3.  When dry, sand the card stock.  The paint will be removed from the raised portions of the card stock.  Brush away the paper dust.
4.  Sponge the entire surface with a dye based ink.  Here I used Autumn Terracotta and Cocoa.
5.  Very quickly, wipe with a lightly water moistened paper towel.  This will remove the ink from the areas where the paint remains and the sanded areas will retain the ink color.
5.  Complete your card as desired.

What I like about this technique is that is actually can be completed quickly and that no two surfaces will be the same. Here it is upclose...


A few more details about this card.  It features the September CTMH Stamp of the Month called "Fall Favorites."  You can still get this stamp set on my website for $5 with a qualifying purchase of $50.  The pumpkins were colored using my CTMH alcohol markers.  Love them!!!  :o)

I love different kinds of techniques.  Don't be afraid to give this one a try and let me know how you made out.  For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: