Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Rock and Roll Stamping the Close To My Heart Way

Things are finally beginning to settle down after the Operation Smile Crop last Saturday.  What a great event and I just keep thinking of the smiles that we have created!  Anyway, it is about time I get back to working on some fun creations for my workshops.  For inspiration, I decided to check out both Mojo Monday and Heart 2 Heart Challenges for the week.  As soon as I saw both the challenges, I knew what I had to do...

It feels like I just finished up with my main monthly workshop, but alas, it is time to start planning for October.  I had already decided that I was going to "treat" the club to the September Stamp of the Month and feature the CTMH paper packet called Moonlight.  At first, I wasn't taken with Moonlight, but the more I study it, I really like it.  It features some of my favorite colors...Smokey Plum, Autumn Terracotta and Sweet Leaf.  The challenge at Heart 2 Heart this week is to do "Rock and Roll' Stamping.  Love it...not heavy metal, mind you, just taking your stamp and inking it with one color and then rolling it into a separate color.  In this case, I used the background stamp from the Clementine Scroll Workshop on the Go and rock and rolled it in Sweet Leaf and Autumn Terracotta. It was then stamped on the circle (cut using the Artiste Cricut Cartridge) and the long banner shape on the bottom.  I dug out my sponge daubers and inked all the edges. 
A few more fun things about this card...The tag was stamped using the new CTMH pigment inks and then the pumpkins were colored using the CTMH alcohol markers.  The pigment inks did, indeed, work with the markers!  The ribbon is actually the CTMH Color Ready Seam Binding inked with Sweet Leaf and Autumn Terracotta.  Oh, by the way, here is the Mojo Monday sketch...
This was a fun card to complete and I was able to get it done before I headed out to work this morning.  And, if you come to my monthly workshop, I'll teach you how to make it!  For Now, Happy Crafting!

5 comments:

glorygirl said...

Great colors on this card! I love the tag!!!

Karen Clark said...

This card has a really interesting depth to it. I like it a lot. A lot, a lot!! I just keep looking at it. *.*

Shirley Ross, rockin' heARTist said...

Beautiful, I love the colors, very well done. Thanks for joining us at H2H

canadian_liner said...

Love your card composition with the big tag featuring the SOTM. The inking techniques really add to the visual richness.

Annette Clark said...

Love the card, Cindy! You always inspire me, and I love these colors together.