Here is a layout I did for the Monday Splitcoast Stamper Challenge called Button Boarders. I used Close to My Heart Evensong Patterned Papers, my Cricut and leftover buttons I bought for Christmas Cards. I hand stitched the hanger for the ornament. The picture is taken of the Christmas Tree I have in my Living Room. Yes, I have 2 trees...a small, irreverent one is put up in my Rec Room. The theme of that tree is casino and sports memorabilia and barware. The tree is the picture is far more traditional!
Over the weekend, a bug flew up my bonnet...I have been looking at all of the wonderful artwork people are doing. So, I had to go out and get myself Alcohol Markers. Ask my good friend, when the bug starts buzzing, it must be done. I admit, I didn't splurge on Copics, but I did get a few Prismacolors and Bics. I wanted to see if I was able to work with them. I like them and I hold you all personally responsible for being enablers. Here is my first effort.
Waiting for Spring Recipe
1. Card measures 5 X 4 ¼ inches.
2. Cut Juniper CS to measure 5 X 4 ¼ inches
3. Cut pattern paper to measure 2 X 4 ¼ inches
4. Cut Ovals (Cocoa 3 inches and Colonial White 2 ½ inches). I used my Cricut.
5. Dry Emboss Juniper CS at ½ inch intervals.
6. Lightly sand embossing, taking care to only sand raised area.
7. Attach Juniper CS to pre-folded card base.
8. Attach pattern paper to lower portion of card making sure to keep corners flush.
9. Attach length of ribbon to card to cover seam.
10. Stamp Colonial White CS with flower stamp.
11. Color Stamp using Alcohol Markers.
12. Center and attach stamped oval to Cocoa oval.
13. Attach these ovals to card base – slightly overlapping the ribbon.
CTMH – Key To My Heart B&T Duo designer paper, Juniper, Cocoa and Colonial White CS
CTMH – Wonderful Charms
Ink – Stamp Pads
StazOn Stone Gray
CTMH - Cocoa Ribbon, Cricut, Prismacolor Markers
Now it is time to go back to work. I am planning to get lots more done tonight! For now, Happy Crafting!