Thursday, February 12, 2009

Tips and Techniques for Open House

In a couple weeks, I am having a crafting open house. The goal is to showcase a number of the new CTMH products. Bouncing ideas off of a friend, this idea was born. Using one stamp set, how many different ways can the stamp be used. I wanted to make sure that the techniques were quick and easy but also appeared "sophisticated." I spent the day making 9 different samples of the Aspiration set. The samples are done as follows:


2. water color pencils and aqua brush

3. pearl paint with reinker and Liquid Glass

4. background sponging and blender pen

5. misting, overstamping and Liquid Glass





6. Saran Wrap and glossy paper and stamp using StazOn and Liquid Glass


7. blender pen and heat embossing


8. Saran Wrap on CS and blender pen


9. chalk and blender pen




You're probably wondering why I started with "2"...not a typo nor a "blonde" thing. No, that is not the case. I have been so fascinated by all the creative techniques people are developing. I have been wandering aimlessly through my house looking for something to use. I tried a cheese grater for paper piercing...didn't work. I tried an empty spray bottle for misting...didn't work. I was running an errand at the hardware store and got the idea to try a screen repair kit for texture and piercing. I told "the man with the helpful hardware plan" what I wanted and why I wanted it. He stared at me blankly and then said "hold on." He disappeared to the basement and returned a few minutes later with a sheet of plastic screening. Proudly he said, "this is the end of the roll, please take it...I hope it works for you."



I used a very stiff brush and loaded it with ink. Putting the paper under the screen, I tapped the brush on the screen. Here is #1.

The ink and screen worked perfectly. This is a very simple card that I thought would work well for a group teaching project. The DP is CTMH "Unforgetable." The stamp set "Aspiriation" matches the paper. I uses Colonial White and Desert Sand CS and a sorbet colored ink pad. The ribbon is also CTMH sorbet. I scored and sanded the CS for texture.


Now that this project is done, I must do a few scrapbook pages. For now, Happy Crafting!

6 comments:

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

Awesome samples & great sampling of techniques! Hope the open house is a success!

laos348 said...

Fantatic idea with the screen - that makes a great background! I loved all your various samples. Its amazing if you sit down and try the many different techniques, the different looks you can get with the same exact stamp. Good luck on the open house!

Becky said...

great idea, and great samples. Hope you all have fun.

Frogwoman said...

Cute card! Thank you for sharing the different techniques. It is amazing what you can do with one stamp.

Alison Anderson said...

Thank you! I do like the number 1 technique!

Joanne Travis said...

That is so cool, thanks for sharing!