Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Celebrate Spring!

The calendar says it is spring, but the thermometer was 27 degrees this morning. My Mom always said that patience is a virtue. In honor of our long wait, I completed this Easter Card for the SCS Clean and Simple Challenge.

The challenge was to complete a CAS card using punches. I punched the yellow square and ran it through my Cuttlebug with the swiss dot embossing folder. I used two other punches for the smaller squares and used a swirl punch for the flourishes. I used my Nesties for the scalloped ovals and my Enveloper for the scoring, added a few drops of Stickles to the stamped image and before I knew it, the card was done!

Paper
CTMH – Olive, Garden Green, Buttercup and Colonial White
Stamps
Hero Arts and Inkadinkadoo
Ink – Stamp Pads
CTMH – Garden Green
Accessories
Olive Ribbon, Punches, Enveloper, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, CTMH Blush Pen and Stickles
Carly the Cat is sitting next to me meowing which means it's time to feed her. I am the "Keeper of the can opener" you know... :o) For Now, Happy Crafting!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

so so cute. I'm Martha, from the Paper therapy blog group. Glad to be part of it ;)

xiumaiyuki said...

Very springy! I love the spring colors on this card. Simple yet pretty!

Becky said...

This is so cute, love the your swirl.

Shirley said...

Love the fold and your really pretty card design too!

Penny said...

I see you decorated the inside of this card. I can never think of ways to decorate the insides of my cards.. :(