Sunday, August 2, 2009

5 Thank You Cards in Under An Hour....Wow Power!

First off, let me say Thank You to all who participated in yesterday's Close To My Heart Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! What fun it was and how amazing to see all of the wonderful projects made by so many talented people! Stay tuned because I am anticipating another one on September 1st!

I needed several small Thank You cards so I set out to see how quickly I could complete them. The goal was that the cards also had to have "Wow Power!" Remember, "Wow Power" is a project that can be completed by any one in a short amount of time and looks complex. I completed all of 5 of these cards in just under an hour! Wow....



The cards are completed on a 3 x 3 inch base. The pattern paper stripe is 1 x 3 inches and ink to paper distressed on the edges. There is a small 1 inch mat behind the flower that is also ink to paper distressed. The flower stamp is from a set called Aspirations. I stamped the solid flower image in VersaMark and colored the image with shimmer chalks. I used a few colors for shading. The chalk "sticks" to the VersaMark. I then stamped the chalked image with the corresponding line stamp to give the detail. After cutting the flower out, I adhered it with 3d Foam.


I love the Aspiration Stamp Set. It is so versatile and easy to use. The set contains flower stamps, tree branches, the sentiment "dream" and a great quote by Eleanor Roosevelt. You can see the image in the current Idea Book on my sidebar. I have used this set in the past to highlight ways to use the fun stamp. You can find that post here. I have another technique tip planned for the near future, too.

Five cards in under an hour...and with "Wow Power!" It doesn't get any better than that. For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: