Sunday, August 23, 2009

Simple Variations Can Change a Card

A few days ago, I posted this very simple Black and White Christmas Card.



I was pleased with how it came out and everyone I showed it to liked it. It uses Generation Stamping and bling to make a simple card elegant. Well, I studied the final product and wondered how I could "improve" it. Realizing that "bling" doesn't come cheap, I came up with this idea.

To complete this version, I still used the 2nd and 3rd generation stamping. Instead of the rhinestone bling to make the tree, I heat embossed it in green glitter powder. I eliminated the red ribbon and used my glitter pen for the snow. What do you think?

These two example show how some very simple variations can change the whole look of the card. Wow Power! :o)


I also have to share this store bought Birthday card I received from a good friend. I gotta tell ya, I laughed out loud when I opened it. In studying this card, I guess there is a lesson to be learned in everything! :o)




For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: