Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Simply Snapshot 9 x 9 Album is Done!

Today, I finished the 9 x 9 scrapbook album of France that I have been working on for the last few months. To remind everyone, during April, DH (a High School teacher) was lucky enough to have the opportunity to travel to France with his Senior class.

The album is a 9 x 9 sized album. Close To My Heart has an album and all the goodies to go along with this unique size. I just love working on this size. The pages are large enough to accommodate 2 standard size photos without cropping and yet still be easily handled. CTMH has speciality papers that match the full sized paper packs called "Simply Snapshots." These pages are printed so that if you chose all you need do is add a few touches and the page is done. Because the Simply Snapshots match the other papers, you still have the freedom to coordinate layouts of your own design. For this album, I did just that. As I have been doing, I added the pages to my sidebar so that you can view the entire album. Please know that I covered several of the pictures because of the ages of the individuals in the pictures. Here is a highlight page from the most recently added pages....


For this page, I sponged a Tim Holtz mask. I thought that it would add to the artist feel of the LO showing the Louvre.

I wanted to give a list of all of the items I used to complete the album:

Paper - All Close To My Heart....Key To My Heart, Unforgettable, Perfect Day, Juniper, Tulip, Sorbet, Creme Brulee, Colonial White, Desert Sand and the 9 x 9 Simply Snapshot pages in Perfect Day.

Ink - All Close To My Heart....Sunflower, Tulip, Desert Sand, Sorbet, Juniper, Cocoa and Chocolate

Stamps... Close To My Heart...Key To My Heart, French Patio, Picture Perfect, Aspiration, Playful Flourishes, Post Card - Travel Series, Atomic Caps, You've Got Flair. Also, Onyx Xpressions and the Wine Bottle was from my long time stash.

Other Supplies...CTMH stickease, Jolies Stickers, Stickles, Ribbons, Photo Clips, Brads, Liquid Glass and Flower Soft

Techniques Used...Heat Embossing, Ghosting, Cuttlebug and Cricut Die Cutting, Sponging, Paper Distressing, Antiquing, Prisma Pencils with Gamsol

Wow!!! It is nice to see the finished product. Click on the box on my sidebar to see the completed album. I love papercrafting. Once done, any project, whether it be a card, scrapbook layout or altered item, is a work of art that can be shared and enjoyed by so many. Scrapbooking captures our memories for many years to come and forever captures a piece of the heart and soul of the artist. For Now, Happy Crafting!

No comments: